incubator-s4-dev mailing list archives

From Lokesh Shrivastava <lokesh.shrivast...@gmail.com>
Subject Difference between RemoteStream and Stream
Date Mon, 27 May 2013 13:52:44 GMT
Hi,

I have been using S4 for past 1 month and came across two different methods
in App.java class called "createStream" which creates Stream object and
"createOutputStream" which creates RemoteStream. I have gone through their
api docs and based on that I think following deployment scenarios fit for
each of those classes -

1. When there are multiple S4 nodes running on same machine or different
machines but all of them belong to same S4 cluster - Stream can be used.

2. When there are multiple S4 clusters and we need to send events across
these clusters - RemoteStream.

Can RemoteStream be used instead of Steam in use case#1 above? I believe
Stream can not be used to send event across clusters?

Thanks.
Lokesh