incubator-s4-dev mailing list archives

From "Flavio Junqueira" <fpjunque...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: [RESULT][VOTE] S4 0.6.0 Incubating Release Candidate 5
Date Thu, 23 May 2013 16:01:32 GMT
Very nice, good job, Matthieu et al.!

-Flavio

-----Original Message-----
From: Matthieu Morel [mailto:mmorel@apache.org]
Sent: 23 May 2013 16:25
To: s4-dev@incubator.apache.org; general@incubator.apache.org
Subject: [RESULT][VOTE] S4 0.6.0 Incubating Release Candidate 5

Hello,

I am closing the vote. It took longer than 72 hours but we eventually
reached the quorum and the vote has passed with the following votes:

7+1 votes including:
* 3 IPMC: Patrick Hunt, Olivier Lamy, Henry Saputra (voted on the "Need some
help for releasing S4 0.6.0" thread)
* 3 PPMC: Matthieu Morel, Kishore Gopalakrishna, Flavio Junqueira
* 1 non binding committer vote : Daniel Gomez Ferro

Thanks all for reviewing and voting !

I will proceed with the release in the next few days.

Matthieu

On May 6, 2013, at 14:37 , Matthieu Morel wrote:

> Hello,
>
> this is the *fifth* release candidate for Apache S4, version 0.6.0
>
> We fixed 2 blocking issues wrt RC1, related to s4 tools, 1 blocking issue
in RC2, related to metrics logging configuration, issues related to the
package contents and license headers in RC3, and removed included javadoc
files in RC4.

> This release fixes the following issues:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12312322&ve
rsion=12321702

> *** Please download, test and vote by Thursday, May 9th 2013, 13:00:00 GMT
***

> Note that we are voting upon the source (tag).
>

> Source package in zip format:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~mmorel/s4-0.6.0-incubating-release-candidate-5/
>

> The (git) tag to be voted upon: 0.6.0-RC5:

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-s4.git;a=tree;h=8b43b317
104cfc9ebc42f6e8ec9c9557867155aa;hb=2f474503e2da111601bb92ca7186c136ba28e5b0

> S4 KEYS file containing PGP keys we use to sign the release:
>
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/s4/dist/KEYS
>

> The README.md file contains instructions for installing the gradle wrapper
(which is not shipped with the source release).

> We include a RAT check task. (Can be used by fetching rat from /lib dir in
the git repo and using the .rat-excludes file at the root of the git repo)

> It can be run with :
> gradlew rat > output
>

> Please cast your vote, thanks!
>

> [ ] +1  approve
> [ ] +0  no opinion
> [ ] -1  disapprove (and reason why)
>

> NOTES:
>
> - All releases by podlings must be approved by the Incubator PMC. The
conventional process is for the podling to follow the usual Apache process
and then call for a Incubator PMC VOTE on the general incubator list.
proceeding to a parallel vote on both general@incubator and s4-dev