incubator-s4-dev mailing list archives

From Matthieu Morel <mmo...@apache.org>
Subject S4 0.6.0 RC4 proposal
Date Sat, 06 Apr 2013 10:31:26 GMT
Hi,

I integrated comments and addressed problems pointed out in S4 0.6.0 RC3 and prepared a new
release candidate, RC4.

This release candidate only includes source artifacts, so that we avoid any licensing issues,
because it is the recommended package to use (it avoids issues with missing dependencies)
and because it's not clear to me how to easily add headers to some of the files gradle is
generating.

Artifacts are available here: http://people.apache.org/~mmorel/s4-0.6.0-incubating-release-candidate-4/

Updates :
- renamed NOTICE.txt into NOTICE
- removed release notes from distribution, but updated tags in that file for html compliance
- removed gradle from the source distribution
- updated instructions in the documentation for  creating the gradle wrapper since it's not
included anymore
- added license headers to all files, including log config and data test files
- updated KEYS file

I also took take of previous comments related to a bin release (which we wouldn't provide):
- listed all non-ASF libraries that use ASL license in the LICENSE file for a binary release
(different from the LICENSE file of a source release).
- specified version number of dependencies

... and also updated the .rat-excludes file for minimizing exclusions

What do you think of this approach (no binary release)?

If there are not objections, I'll propose a new vote on this new release candidate.

Thanks,

Matthieu