incubator-s4-dev mailing list archives

From Matthieu Morel <mmo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] S4 0.6.0 Release Candidate 3
Date Tue, 02 Apr 2013 14:31:15 GMT
Hi,

As you may have seen, the validation vote didn't receive any vote in the general@incubator
list.

Someone pointed out to some issues, we provided some explanations, but we received no answer
for critical questions that were raised, in particular what to put in the LICENSE file, whether
to include the gradle wrapper and what matching the git tag means.

So I'm not sure what to do. Should we cut a new release candidate? In that case, what about
the answers to the above questions, should I ask again on general@incubator? Someone knows
what to do? Or should we ask for more people to vote?

Let me know what you think,

thanks,

Matthieu

On Mar 27, 2013, at 15:23 , Matthieu Morel wrote:

> Thanks Patrick!
>
> Sorry about the confusion, indeed we should add some specific information. I created
S4-132 for that purpose.

> The result of the vote are :
>
> +1 : 6 (5 binding)
> 0: none
> -1: none
>
> Details:
>
> +1 IPMC
> phunt
>
> +1PPMC
> mmorel, kishoreg, leoneu, fpj
>
> +1 committer non PPMC
> dferro
>

> So the vote passes (on this list) and according to the podling process, and we now need
approval from the Incubator PMC.

as what the Ambari project does (e.g. http://markmail.org/thread/lmxr7xkqcyljozqy ).

> I'll send the corresponding vote request later today,
>

> Thanks to all the voters!
>

> Matthieu
>

> On Mar 26, 2013, at 00:04 , Patrick Hunt wrote:
>
>> On Sat, Mar 23, 2013 at 1:21 PM, Matthieu Morel <mmorel@apache.org> wrote:
>>> The RAT tool says "Generated files do not required license headers".
>>>
>>> The scripts you are referring to are generated during the build. No one wrote
them, and they are derived from files which contain proper headers.
>>> The gradlew script file at the root of the source distribution is also generated
(for being able to run gradle, and it is generated from gradle, which is itself licensed with
ASL2).

In the later case, should I call a vote on general@incubator? How many votes would we need?

>> Given they are generated and RAT is fine with it then I change my vote
>> to +1. Everything else was fine except for that issue.
>>
>> It would be great though if you could either get the license header in
>> the file, or at least a header that says that the file is generated
>> (or did I miss that?)
>>
>> Patrick

checked the license file. great job!

Committe (PPMC)