incubator-s4-dev mailing list archives

From Matthieu Morel <mmo...@apache.org>
Subject [VOTE] S4 0.6.0 Release Candidate 4
Date Tue, 16 Apr 2013 10:00:50 GMT
Hello,

this is the *fourth* release candidate for Apache S4, version 0.6.0

We fixed 2 blocking issues wrt RC1, related to s4 tools, 1 blocking issue in RC2, related
to metrics logging configuration, and several issues related to the package contents and license
headers in RC3.

There is no binary release.

It fixes the following issues:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12312322&version=12321702

*** Please download, test and vote by Friday, 19 April 2013, 10:00:00 GMT ***

Note that we are voting upon the source (tag).

Source package in zip format:

http://people.apache.org/~mmorel/s4-0.6.0-incubating-release-candidate-4/

The (git) tag to be voted upon: 0.6.0-RC4 (to check the corresponding contents from the web
interface, click on the tag itself):

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-s4.git;a=commit;h=f5ebbabf6d7aa8d95a408e8db6432ef7843018fd

S4 KEYS file containing PGP keys we use to sign the release:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/s4/dist/KEYS

The README.md file contains instructions for installing the gradle wrapper (which is not shipped
with the source release).

We include a RAT check task.

It can be run with :
gradlew rat > output

Please cast your vote, thanks!

[ ] +1  approve
[ ] +0  no opinion
[ ] -1  disapprove (and reason why)

NOTES (from the ASF website):

- All votes are welcome, only Podling Project Management Committe (PPMC) votes are binding,
current PPMC = mentors + initial committers

- All releases by podlings must be approved by the Incubator PMC. The conventional process
is for the podling to follow the usual Apache process (including release vote, this one) and
then call for a Incubator PMC VOTE on the general incubator list.

- Votes on whether a package is ready to be released use majority approval -- i.e., at least
three PMC members must vote affirmatively for release, and there must be more positive than
negative votes. Releases may not be vetoed. Before voting +1 PMC members are required to download
the signed source code package, compile it as provided, and test the resulting executable
on their own platform, along with also verifying that the package meets the requirements of
the ASF policy on releases.