incubator-s4-dev mailing list archives

From Matthieu Morel <mmo...@apache.org>
Subject proposal for incubator report
Date Wed, 06 Mar 2013 14:16:49 GMT
Hi,

this is a proposal for the incubator report, due today.

Let me know if you wish to modify or add something.

Thanks,

Matthieu

-----

S4 (Simple Scalable Streaming System) is a general-purpose, distributed,
scalable, partially fault-tolerant, pluggable platform that allows
programmers to easily develop applications for processing continuous,
unbounded streams of data.

S4 entered incubation on September 26th 2011.

* Primary issues blocking graduation:

 - growing the community
 - verifying the name of the project. See PODLINGNAMESEARCH-10

* Community development since last report:

We have a new committer (dferro).

* Project development since last report:

We kept iterating on the integration with Apache Helix. We also added major updates to the
codebase for improving configurability (and usability).

We added the sources of the website to our Apache git repository, and prepared updates to
the website and documentation for the forthcoming release (0.6). This includes migrating the
documentation from the confluence wiki to the S4 website.

We are aiming at cutting a release candidate during the second week of march for a new release.