incubator-s4-dev mailing list archives

From Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>
Subject Re: proposal for incubator report
Date Thu, 07 Mar 2013 18:55:27 GMT
lgtm. IMO it would help with growing the community if you did releases
more frequently.

Patrick

On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 6:16 AM, Matthieu Morel <mmorel@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> this is a proposal for the incubator report, due today.
>
> Let me know if you wish to modify or add something.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Matthieu
>

> -----
>

> S4 (Simple Scalable Streaming System) is a general-purpose, distributed,
> scalable, partially fault-tolerant, pluggable platform that allows
> programmers to easily develop applications for processing continuous,
> unbounded streams of data.
>
> S4 entered incubation on September 26th 2011.
>
> * Primary issues blocking graduation:
>
>  - growing the community
>  - verifying the name of the project. See PODLINGNAMESEARCH-10
>

> * Community development since last report:
>
> We have a new committer (dferro).
>

> * Project development since last report:
>
> We kept iterating on the integration with Apache Helix. We also added major updates to
the codebase for improving configurability (and usability).

> We added the sources of the website to our Apache git repository, and prepared updates
to the website and documentation for the forthcoming release (0.6). This includes migrating
the documentation from the confluence wiki to the S4 website.