incubator-s4-dev mailing list archives

From Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] S4 0.6.0 Release Candidate 2
Date Wed, 13 Mar 2013 17:03:23 GMT
+1. The sigs/xsum look correct, RAT results looked fine.
license/notice for the two packages looked ok.

not a blocker imo but I'd suggest you don't include apache-rat in your
src release next time. also add the AL2 boilerplate to as many files
as possible (there are a couple xml configs and html files that could
be added as comments, shows up when I run RAT manually using it's
CLI).

Patrick

On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 9:32 AM, Matthieu Morel <mmorel@apache.org> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> this is the *second* release candidate for Apache S4, version 0.6.0
>
> (we fixed 2 issues wrt RC1, related to s4 tools)
>

> It fixes the following issues:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12312322&version=12321702
>

> *** Please download, test and vote by Monday March 18th 2013, 18.00 GMT
>

> Note that we are voting upon the source (tag), binaries are provided for convenience.
>

> Source and binary packages in zip format:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~mmorel/s4-0.6.0-incubating-release-candidate-2/
>

> The (git) tag to be voted upon: 0.6.0:
>
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-s4.git;a=commit;h=0638a2a65f137485055fe9f1a9de386d88333e38
>

> S4 KEYS file containing PGP keys we use to sign the release:
>
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/s4/dist/KEYS
>

> RAT tests require to get the .rat-excludes from the repository (https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-s4.git;a=blob;f=.rat-excludes;h=fda230011164a53bd3089f9086c884918e0ea292;hb=refs/heads/dev)
and can be run with :
> gradlew rat > output
>

> Please cast your vote, thanks!
>

> [ ] +1  approve
> [ ] +0  no opinion
> [ ] -1  disapprove (and reason why)
>

> NOTES (from the ASF website):
>
> - All votes are welcome, only Podling Project Management Committe (PPMC) votes are binding,
current PPMC = mentors + initial committers

> - All releases by podlings must be approved by the Incubator PMC. The conventional process
is for the podling to follow the usual Apache process (including release vote, this one) and
then call for a Incubator PMC VOTE on the general incubator list.

> - Votes on whether a package is ready to be released use majority approval -- i.e., at
least three PMC members must vote affirmatively for release, and there must be more positive
than negative votes. Releases may not be vetoed. Before voting +1 PMC members are required
to download the signed source code package, compile it as provided, and test the resulting
executable on their own platform, along with also verifying that the package meets the requirements
of the ASF policy on releases.