incubator-s4-dev mailing list archives

From Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] S4 0.6.0 Release Candidate 3
Date Mon, 25 Mar 2013 23:04:52 GMT
On Sat, Mar 23, 2013 at 1:21 PM, Matthieu Morel <mmorel@apache.org> wrote:
> The RAT tool says "Generated files do not required license headers".
>
> The scripts you are referring to are generated during the build. No one wrote them, and
they are derived from files which contain proper headers.
> The gradlew script file at the root of the source distribution is also generated (for
being able to run gradle, and it is generated from gradle, which is itself licensed with ASL2).

> Given these explanations, do you maintain your veto, or are we ok to continue? In the
later case, should I call a vote on general@incubator? How many votes would we need?

Given they are generated and RAT is fine with it then I change my vote
to +1. Everything else was fine except for that issue.

It would be great though if you could either get the license header in
the file, or at least a header that says that the file is generated
(or did I miss that?)

Patrick

> On Mar 22, 2013, at 23:49 , Patrick Hunt wrote:
>
>> -1 - the s4tools scripts in the bin directory of the bin artifact do
>> not include license headers
>>
>> Patrick
>>
>> On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 9:13 AM, Flavio Junqueira <fpjunqueira@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>> +1, I have tested the src distribution and the bin package. I have also checked
the license file. great job!

GMT

The