incubator-s4-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From kishore g <g.kish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Plan for 0.6.0 release
Date Mon, 04 Mar 2013 17:16:13 GMT
Hi Matthieu,

Apologize I could not spend much time on s4 helix integration over the last
week. I guess Daniel and you faced some issues/incompatibility.

Lets try to list out the pending issues and changes needed. I might be able
to spend some time this week, if that will help. If not, we can do the
integration in next release. Its probably a good idea to focus only on
integrating with helix in one release.

Thanks,
Kishore G


On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 3:35 AM, Matthieu Morel <mmorel@apache.org> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We initially planned for the 0.6 release to add elasticity features by
> integrating Helix, unfortunately we don't have a fully working patch yet,
> and there is still quite a bit of work there.
>
> In order to get a release soon (it's been more than 6 months since the
> last release) I propose to focus on what is ready and working and leave the
> helix integration for a later update, or an alpha version.
>
> At this point we have:
> - major configurability improvements both for the apps and the platform
> - major performance improvements
> - PE isolation (still need to merge)
> - many other fixes and improvements
> - updated documentation on the website
>
> If we follow this plan, I think we can merge most of the pending patches
> this week and get a release candidate next week.
>
> I hope this sounds ok to you and please let me know if you have comments
> or suggestions.
>
> Matthieu

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message