incubator-s4-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From kishore g <g.kish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Plan for 0.6.0 release
Date Thu, 07 Mar 2013 20:14:31 GMT
Looks like lot of changes went in after we started S4-110. Finding it
difficult to merge the changes. Yes, lets do the 0.6.0 release without
helix. And follow it up with another release shortly with integration with
Helix.

Thanks,
Kishore G


On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 10:20 AM, Matthieu Morel <mmorel@apache.org> wrote:

> Thanks for the feedback Kishore.
>
> It is fantastic if you have some time to contribute so we can integrate
> Helix in the next release!
>
> To be safe, we can focus on integrating all the other patches so we are
> ready for a release. If we have the S4-110 patch ready as well, we
> integrate it. Otherwise, we release with what we have, and we dedicate the
> next release to the helix integration, in a short timeframe. We already
> know the delta is small, and we don't plan to add other major features, so
> it should not be hard to merge.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Matthieu
>
>
>
>
> On Mar 4, 2013, at 18:16 , kishore g wrote:
>
> > Hi Matthieu,
> >
> > Apologize I could not spend much time on s4 helix integration over the
> last
> > week. I guess Daniel and you faced some issues/incompatibility.
> >
> > Lets try to list out the pending issues and changes needed. I might be
> able
> > to spend some time this week, if that will help. If not, we can do the
> > integration in next release. Its probably a good idea to focus only on
> > integrating with helix in one release.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Kishore G
> >
> >
> > On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 3:35 AM, Matthieu Morel <mmorel@apache.org>
> wrote:
> >
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> We initially planned for the 0.6 release to add elasticity features by
> >> integrating Helix, unfortunately we don't have a fully working patch
> yet,
> >> and there is still quite a bit of work there.
> >>
> >> In order to get a release soon (it's been more than 6 months since the
> >> last release) I propose to focus on what is ready and working and leave
> the
> >> helix integration for a later update, or an alpha version.
> >>
> >> At this point we have:
> >> - major configurability improvements both for the apps and the platform
> >> - major performance improvements
> >> - PE isolation (still need to merge)
> >> - many other fixes and improvements
> >> - updated documentation on the website
> >>
> >> If we follow this plan, I think we can merge most of the pending patches
> >> this week and get a release candidate next week.
> >>
> >> I hope this sounds ok to you and please let me know if you have comments
> >> or suggestions.
> >>
> >> Matthieu
>
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message