incubator-s4-dev mailing list archives

From Matthieu Morel <mmo...@apache.org>
Subject [VOTE] S4 0.6.0 Release Candidate 3
Date Mon, 18 Mar 2013 12:02:44 GMT
Hello,

this is the *third* release candidate for Apache S4, version 0.6.0

(we fixed 2 blocking issues wrt RC1, related to s4 tools, and 1 blocking issue in RC2, related
to metrics logging configuration)

It fixes the following issues:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12312322&version=12321702

*** Please download, test and vote by Thursday March 21st 2013, 14.00 GMT

Note that we are voting upon the source (tag), binaries are provided for convenience.

Source and binary packages in zip format:

http://people.apache.org/~mmorel/s4-0.6.0-incubating-release-candidate-3/

The (git) tag to be voted upon: 0.6.0-RC3:

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-s4.git;a=tag;h=9b178170d76333579a9c56564dd060ccd173f115

S4 KEYS file containing PGP keys we use to sign the release:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/s4/dist/KEYS

We include a RAT check task. It was updated after Patrick's comments and requires to get
- the .rat-excludes from the repository (https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-s4.git;a=blob;f=.rat-excludes;h=fda230011164a53bd3089f9086c884918e0ea292;hb=refs/heads/dev)

- the rat jar from the repository
It can be run with :
gradlew rat > output

Please cast your vote, thanks!

[ ] +1  approve
[ ] +0  no opinion
[ ] -1  disapprove (and reason why)

NOTES (from the ASF website):

- All votes are welcome, only Podling Project Management Committe (PPMC) votes are binding,
current PPMC = mentors + initial committers

- All releases by podlings must be approved by the Incubator PMC. The conventional process
is for the podling to follow the usual Apache process (including release vote, this one) and
then call for a Incubator PMC VOTE on the general incubator list.

- Votes on whether a package is ready to be released use majority approval -- i.e., at least
three PMC members must vote affirmatively for release, and there must be more positive than
negative votes. Releases may not be vetoed. Before voting +1 PMC members are required to download
the signed source code package, compile it as provided, and test the resulting executable
on their own platform, along with also verifying that the package meets the requirements of
the ASF policy on releases.