incubator-s4-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Matthieu Morel <mmo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Plan for 0.6.0 release
Date Fri, 08 Mar 2013 10:48:11 GMT
Thanks for the update Kishore. Let's keep going according to the proposed plan then, and focus
the next release on elasticity features.

Matthieu


On Mar 7, 2013, at 21:14 , kishore g wrote:

> Looks like lot of changes went in after we started S4-110. Finding it
> difficult to merge the changes. Yes, lets do the 0.6.0 release without
> helix. And follow it up with another release shortly with integration with
> Helix.
> 
> Thanks,
> Kishore G
> 
> 
> On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 10:20 AM, Matthieu Morel <mmorel@apache.org> wrote:
> 
>> Thanks for the feedback Kishore.
>> 
>> It is fantastic if you have some time to contribute so we can integrate
>> Helix in the next release!
>> 
>> To be safe, we can focus on integrating all the other patches so we are
>> ready for a release. If we have the S4-110 patch ready as well, we
>> integrate it. Otherwise, we release with what we have, and we dedicate the
>> next release to the helix integration, in a short timeframe. We already
>> know the delta is small, and we don't plan to add other major features, so
>> it should not be hard to merge.
>> 
>> Thanks!
>> 
>> Matthieu
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> On Mar 4, 2013, at 18:16 , kishore g wrote:
>> 
>>> Hi Matthieu,
>>> 
>>> Apologize I could not spend much time on s4 helix integration over the
>> last
>>> week. I guess Daniel and you faced some issues/incompatibility.
>>> 
>>> Lets try to list out the pending issues and changes needed. I might be
>> able
>>> to spend some time this week, if that will help. If not, we can do the
>>> integration in next release. Its probably a good idea to focus only on
>>> integrating with helix in one release.
>>> 
>>> Thanks,
>>> Kishore G
>>> 
>>> 
>>> On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 3:35 AM, Matthieu Morel <mmorel@apache.org>
>> wrote:
>>> 
>>>> Hello,
>>>> 
>>>> We initially planned for the 0.6 release to add elasticity features by
>>>> integrating Helix, unfortunately we don't have a fully working patch
>> yet,
>>>> and there is still quite a bit of work there.
>>>> 
>>>> In order to get a release soon (it's been more than 6 months since the
>>>> last release) I propose to focus on what is ready and working and leave
>> the
>>>> helix integration for a later update, or an alpha version.
>>>> 
>>>> At this point we have:
>>>> - major configurability improvements both for the apps and the platform
>>>> - major performance improvements
>>>> - PE isolation (still need to merge)
>>>> - many other fixes and improvements
>>>> - updated documentation on the website
>>>> 
>>>> If we follow this plan, I think we can merge most of the pending patches
>>>> this week and get a release candidate next week.
>>>> 
>>>> I hope this sounds ok to you and please let me know if you have comments
>>>> or suggestions.
>>>> 
>>>> Matthieu
>> 
>> 


Mime
View raw message