incubator-s4-dev mailing list archives

From Matthieu Morel <mmo...@apache.org>
Subject [CANCEL][VOTE] S4 0.6.0 Release Candidate 1
Date Wed, 13 Mar 2013 10:53:48 GMT
Hi,

I'm cancelling the vote due to 2 issues that were reported, mostly related to initialization
and configuration. (S4-128 and S4-129)

We'll fix these and propose a new release candidate

Matthieu

On Mar 12, 2013, at 13:17 , Matthieu Morel wrote:

> Hello,
>
> this is the first release candidate for Apache S4, version 0.6.0
>

> It fixes the following issues:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12312322&version=12321702
>

> *** Please download, test and vote by Friday March 15th 2013, 14.00 GMT
>

> Note that we are voting upon the source (tag), binaries are provided for convenience.
>

> Source and binary packages in zip format:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~mmorel/s4-0.6.0-incubating-release-candidate-1/
>

> The (git) tag to be voted upon: 0.6.0:
>
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-s4.git;a=commit;h=632057fd3228de31e11996cd7eb35bdb8755a02b
>

> S4 KEYS file containing PGP keys we use to sign the release:
>
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/s4/dist/KEYS
>

> Please cast your vote, thanks!
>

> [ ] +1  approve
> [ ] +0  no opinion
> [ ] -1  disapprove (and reason why)
>

> NOTES:
>
> - All votes are welcome, only Podling Project Management Committe (PPMC) votes are binding,
current PPMC = mentors + initial committers

> - All releases by podlings must be approved by the Incubator PMC. The conventional process
is for the podling to follow the usual Apache process (including release vote, this one) and
then call for a Incubator PMC VOTE on the general incubator list.

> - Votes on whether a package is ready to be released use majority approval -- i.e., at
least three PMC members must vote affirmatively for release, and there must be more positive
than negative votes. Releases may not be vetoed. Before voting +1 PMC members are required
to download the signed source code package, compile it as provided, and test the resulting
executable on their own platform, along with also verifying that the package meets the requirements
of the ASF policy on releases.