incubator-s4-dev mailing list archives

From kishore g <g.kish...@gmail.com>
Subject Integration with Helix for 0.6.0
Date Thu, 10 Jan 2013 01:15:40 GMT
Hi,

I have the changes in S4-110 branch. Definitely it needs more testing and
some tasks like supporting udp.

 We have the following options for 0.6.0 release.

   1. Integrate completely with Helix. Here again we have some options
   1. Maintain backward compatibility, have both existing commands work
      along with new instructions. Doable but more work.
      2. Break the compatibility, provide the new set of instructions. Easy
      but existing users might not like it.
   2. Integrate but dont announce the new features(ok to have bugs and less
   features), have a config flag to enable new set of features.
   3. Dont do any integration. Post pone to next release.

Not sure when we want to make the 0.6.0 release. I prefer doing 2 now and
then think of going either 1.1 or 1.2 route in the next release.

Thoughts ?

Thanks,
Kishore G