incubator-s4-dev mailing list archives

From kishore g <g.kish...@gmail.com>
Subject Helix integration update/questions
Date Mon, 28 Jan 2013 00:11:10 GMT
Hi,

I started working on merging the changes from S4-110 to dev. There are
quite a few changes merged into the dev branch. I am trying to keep the
patch simple and trying to use the guice way of plugging things in where
ever possible. Few doubts

============
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-s4.git;a=blob;f=subprojects/s4-comm/src/main/java/org/apache/s4/comm/DefaultCommModule.java;hb=eb851534

This line appears twice
bind(RemoteEmitters.class).to(DefaultRemoteEmitters.class).in(Scopes.SINGLETON);

I also saw that, earlier we used to bing Listener in the configure method.
I see that its removed now, when was this removed and why?
==============

App deployment seems to happen in deploymentmanager and s4bootstrap, which
one is used. Code seems to be duplicated between the two. Should we move
common methods to DeploymentUtils.

Hard to understand how s4node, s4bootstrap, server, deployment manager are
dependent on each other.

Need help here. Since the merge of S4-110 to dev was almost impossible, I
am hand picking the changes into S4-110-new branch. I will try to commit
the changes to the branch once i get something working.

thanks,
Kishore G