incubator-s4-dev mailing list archives

From Matthieu Morel <mmo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Integration with Helix for 0.6.0
Date Thu, 10 Jan 2013 16:50:32 GMT
Hi Kishore,

I am in favor of 1.1:

- as you point out the integration with Helix still needs more testing
- thus in my opinion, we should not replace the existing cluster management system with Helix.
- but we want to be able to use Helix's features!

I had a look at the changes and it seems we could quite easily remove the hardcoded paths
forcing to use Helix by providing optional paths and by providing some implementations through
DI.

This way we keep the current system, that works well, and provide the new approach, as an
option with more features

I added some comments about the patch for S4 in the relevant ticket: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/S4-110

What would be great is to have the complete implementation of the remote stream handling,
since we absolutely need that, including for basic test scenarios.

Regards,

Matthieu