incubator-s4-dev mailing list archives

From Matthieu Morel <mmo...@apache.org>
Subject A note about the latest update to the dev branch
Date Wed, 23 Jan 2013 23:11:12 GMT
Hi,

I just merged the configuration improvements from S4-59. This hugely facilitates the configuration
of S4 nodes and apps. The core ideas are to centralize the configuration in the cluster S4
app node in Zookeeper, and to see S4 nodes as minimal containers, that:
1/ initially do nothing more than read configuration from Zookeeper,
2/ then configure the container services by fetching and installing modules,
3/ then fetch and install the specified S4 app

I haven't written the documentation yet, but I added some relevant information in the resolution
message: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/S4-59?focusedCommentId=13561192&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-13561192

Kishore, this would be the version to base your helix contrib upon. It's quite different from
the one you initially branched from, but we'll be happy to help.

I'll try to address S4-114 tomorrow.

Regards,

Matthieu