incubator-s4-dev mailing list archives

From Matthieu Morel <mmo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Board report for September is due.
Date Wed, 05 Sep 2012 21:37:43 GMT
Hi,

here is a proposal, unfortunately I am not able to write on the incubator
wiki, so hopefully someone can copy paste there, thanks!

S4 (Simple Scalable Streaming System) is a general-purpose, distributed,
scalable, partially fault-tolerant, pluggable platform that allows
programmers to easily develop applications for processing continuous,
unbounded streams of data.

S4 entered incubation on September 26th 2011.

Primary issues blocking graduation:
- growing the community
- verifying the name of the project. See PODLINGNAMESEARCH-10

Community development since last report:
- We received contributions from new contributors, including core,
communication layer, deployment framework and command set.

Project development since last report:
- we had our first release as part of the incubator, on August 16th 2012 :
S4 0.5.0-incubating

Apart from being a major refactoring, this release aims at lowering the
adoption bar by clarifying the API and providing a set of commands for the
development and deployment lifecycle.
We also believe this recent release should encourage adoption and
contributions.