incubator-s4-dev mailing list archives

From Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] S4 0.5.0 Release Candidate 1
Date Wed, 01 Aug 2012 14:33:10 GMT
I had seen the following statement in the vote message, which seems to
be saying you consider the vote passed if you get 3+1 votes from ipmc
members (ie mentors) before Friday (although this conflicts with the
later statement in the vote email about dev list voting then going to
general):

"The vote is open until Friday August 3rd 2012, 16.00 GMT and passes
if a majority of at least 3 +1 IPMC votes are cast."

I'm fine with either approach, but it should be more clearly spelled
out in the vote email what the approach is. Do you have a "how to
release" page? That would also help. See here for an example such
page:
https://cwiki.apache.org/HCATALOG/howtorelease.html

Patrick

On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 3:21 AM, Flavio Junqueira <fpj@yahoo-inc.com> wrote:
> Please cast your vote responding to Pat's message, which includes the general list. My
understanding (and Matthieu's too) is that it was not necessary to include the general list
at this point, given the way projects like Mesos and Kafka have done their releases and according
to the podling manual. But, to avoid further confusion, I suggest we follow Pat's way, which
will achieve the same goal.