incubator-s4-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Mackrory <mackror...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: S4 & YARN
Date Tue, 14 Aug 2012 00:07:52 GMT
All,

I'm new to S4 and was not on the mailing list when the discussion regarding
S4 & YARN integration took place (
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-s4-dev/201207.mbox/%3C5006E90A.1020204@yahoo-inc.com%3E).
This is something I've been interested in doing and after looking at the
YARN application examples, I agree with the conclusions Daniel Ferro
presented when he started that thread. I'd like to contribute to this
effort in any way I can, but I'm unsure of the current status as there
hasn't been any activity on the relevant JIRA (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/S4-25).

Is anybody else actively working on this? Or have any code snippets been
shared? If so, please let me know so I can contribute where needed -
otherwise I'll go ahead and start working on a proof-of-concept to share.

Thanks!