incubator-s4-dev mailing list archives

From Matthieu Morel <mmo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: S4 first release: are we OK?
Date Thu, 02 Aug 2012 06:54:32 GMT
On Thu, Aug 2, 2012 at 8:44 AM, Karthik Kambatla <kkambatl@cs.purdue.edu>wrote:

> I think I found the wiki -
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/S4/S4+piper+walkthrough

Yes this is the right place: documentation for 0.5.0 is on the wiki at the
moment, and I am currently adding more information there. We'll update the
web site to reflect that once the release candidate is validated.

Matthieu

> Correct me if this is wrong.
>
> Thanks
> Karthik
>
> On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 11:42 PM, Karthik Kambatla <kkambatl@cs.purdue.edu
> >wrote:
>
> > Hi Matthieu,
> >
> > Firstly, brilliant job with the release. Congratulations on the great
> work.
> >
> > I downloaded the source package, and it looks good - was able to install,
> > build s4tools and all the tests passed on my Ubuntu box. Along with this,
> >  I would like to run a simple cluster so that we can add another data
> point
> > for environments we support.
> >
> > What instructions should I follow for the same? Also, we might want to
> add
> > a wiki page that documents these steps. Sorry if I have missed any of
> your
> > earlier emails with instructions.
> >
> > Thanks and great job once again,
> > Karthik
> >
> > On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 10:22 AM, Leo Neumeyer <leoneumeyer@gmail.com
> >wrote:
> >
> >> Answers inline:

> >> The Yahoo! open source office said that there was no need to do a
> >> trademark
> >> search for an open source project. So nothing was done

> >> Anish didn't get permission from his employer to be a committer so he
> >> should be removed.

> >> them a

> has.

> >> and

> >> but

> names.
> project,
> >> the

> >> done

> ASF
> the

> >> seems
> >> > >>>

> http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html#best-practice-status

> http://incubator.apache.org/guides/ppmc.html#Project+Status+Updates

> >> jump

> >> you

> update
> >> the

> mmorel@apache.org>

> >> compression

> >> is
> the
> >> fine.

> >> mmorel@apache.org>

(not a real problem

> >> use
since it's not
> >> really

is this
> really

to 1 though.

files not actually
> in
> >> the
src and bin, where
> >> src

> >> gradle,

> >> A?

> in
> >> few

> >> distribution:

best left out.
> I'd

as the NOTICE file
> >> for
need to ensure that
> >> the
included binaries.
> >> In
the included binary

CCAL work
> >> should
> more

> http://incubator.apache.org/**guides/releasemanagement.html#**check-list<

noted items.

> >> package

Morel <

correct, artefact is the

necessary.

be local gradle
> cache

gradle, "gradlew install"

project

to provide a task
S4 libraries and
> scripts.

artifacts to a
> >> public
is accepted.

the bin package? it works
> >> for
I thought this

g wrote:

probably be local gradle
> cache

project

it on my MAC

PM, Matthieu Morel

Junqueira wrote:

> [...]
package compiles. I'm missing a

of all binaries we have in lib/.
> >> Have

checking, and apologies for
> >> missing

by adding the license file, and
> >> also
that are indirectly
> >> referenced

for these modifications,
> >> retagged,
them to the same place (still
> >> release
to vote yet)

PM, Matthieu Morel wrote:

> [...]
release for S4. Version is
and source.

> >> http://people.apache.org/~****mmorel/s4-0.5.0-incubating-**<

> http://people.apache.org/~mmorel/s4-0.5.0-incubating-release-candidate-1/

and added corresponding references
RAT: only derived files, docs, and
it's OK.
the packages (KEYS file is in

> >> svn.apache.org/repos/asf/**incubator/s4/dist/KEYS<

a vote request to the general
> incubator
template.

release, I was wondering whether I