incubator-s4-dev mailing list archives

From Matthieu Morel <mmo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: S4 first release: are we OK?
Date Tue, 31 Jul 2012 17:28:08 GMT
On 7/31/12 6:34 PM, Patrick Hunt wrote:
> I see another issue with the release. The incubator status page seems
> way out of date, you need to update this prior to releasing:
> http://incubator.apache.org/projects/s4.html
> http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html#best-practice-status
> how to update: http://incubator.apache.org/guides/ppmc.html#Project+Status+Updates

Thanks for pointing this out.

I filled what I could and updated the incubator status page,
unfortunately I don't have all the required information.

Hopefully initiators or coordinators of the migration to Apache can jump
in to help fill missing items.

> Also the apache s4 web site will need to be updated as well, have you
> considered this?

Yes, most of the documentation will be on the wiki, and we'll update the
links to point to the new release.

Matthieu

> Patrick
>
> On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 6:12 AM, Matthieu Morel <mmorel@apache.org> wrote:
>> On 7/30/12 7:54 PM, Leo Neumeyer wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Matthieu,
>>>
>>> Regarding #1, you can use an archive of type Tar and set compression to
>>> GZIP. It will use the right extension, I think.
>>>
>>> task someTar(type: Tar) {
>>>        compression = Compression.GZIP
>>> }
>>>

>> Thanks Leo, unfortunately the creation of the binary distribution is not
>> directly overridable to create a tar.gz , since it's created by the
>> application plugin.
>> For this release, we'll just provide zip archives, which is also fine.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Matthieu
>>

>>> -leo

0.5.0-incubating.