incubator-s4-dev mailing list archives

From Matthieu Morel <mmo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: S4 first release: are we OK?
Date Sat, 28 Jul 2012 17:51:03 GMT
Thanks for checking Kishore!

 >> README. artefacts --> artifacts.
Actually both are orthographically correct, artefact is the british
version. I will change the text if it's deemed necessary.

 >> local maven repository should probably be local gradle cache
Since we use the maven plugin for gradle, "gradlew install" installs
artifacts in the local maven repository.

 >> gradlew install fails saying
 >>
 >> * What went wrong:
 >> Task 'install' not found in root project
'apache-s4-0.5.0-incubating-bin'.

As Flavio commented, I'm not sure we need to provide a task to install
artifacts locally for the binary package. S4 libraries and dependencies
are available in the lib directory and referenced from S4 scripts.

What we'll need though is to publish those artifacts to a public maven
repository. We'll do that once the release is accepted.

Thanks again,

Matthieu

On 7/28/12 7:01 PM, Flavio Junqueira wrote:
> Should "gradlew install" work for the bin package? it works for me for the src package,
but not for the bin package. I thought this behavior was correct.