incubator-s4-dev mailing list archives

From Flavio Junqueira <...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: Board report due tomorrow
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2012 20:04:48 GMT
There are 7 issues marked for 0.4 and 20 marked for 20 for 0.5. None of the issues in 0.4 is
patch available. It would be good if the reporters of the issues could go back to the corresponding
issues and mark their fix version for a later release if they don't have to be in 0.4. Otherwise,
the release manager could suggest the ones we need to resolve before having a release candidate.
Do we have a volunteer to be the release manager?

Just to be very clear, anyone can suggest a different fix version for an issue. I'm just suggesting
a simple set of steps to see if we can have at least some progress.

-Flavio

On Jun 5, 2012, at 9:07 PM, Leo Neumeyer wrote:

> The 0.4 release has been ready for a while, I think. Matthieu, what is
> the status? What do we need to do to put a tag on it?
>
> There has been significant progress with 0.5 and new people are
> getting involved so we should be close to an alpha release.
>
> -leo
>
> On Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 10:20 AM, Arun C Murthy <acm@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>> +1
>>
>> Arun
>>
>> On Jun 5, 2012, at 10:03 AM, Patrick Hunt wrote:
>>
>>> I'd encourage you to get out a release as soon as possible, even if
>>> it's just an "alpha" release of what you currently have. Releases are
>>> critical to successfully attracting new contributors (who eventually
>>> become committers...)
>>>
>>> If anyone is attending the summit you should consider hosting a
>>> meetup. Another great way to attract people to the project.
>>>
>>> Regareds,
>>>
>>> Patrick

>> --
>> Arun C. Murthy
>> Hortonworks Inc.
>> http://hortonworks.com/
>>

> --
>
> Leo Neumeyer (@leoneu)

flavio
junqueira
senior research scientist

fpj@yahoo-inc.com
direct +34 93-183-8828

phone (408) 349 3300    fax (408) 349 3301