incubator-s4-dev mailing list archives

From Flavio Junqueira <...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: Board report due tomorrow
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2012 14:11:33 GMT

On Jun 7, 2012, at 3:57 PM, Matthieu Morel wrote:

> On 6/5/12 10:04 PM, Flavio Junqueira wrote:
>> There are 7 issues marked for 0.4 and 20 marked for 20 for 0.5. None of the issues
in 0.4 is patch available. It would be good if the reporters of the issues could go back to
the corresponding issues and mark their fix version for a later release if they don't have
to be in 0.4. Otherwise, the release manager could suggest the ones we need to resolve before
having a release candidate. Do we have a volunteer to be the release manager?

> I can help prepare a release. Question is: should it be pre-piper (0.4)
> or piper (0.5)?

We need a release manager. Are you volunteering to be the manager of the upcoming release
whatever it is?

> 0.4 is probably easier to release since all issues that you mention
> already have a proposed solution. It is not the version we are currently
> promoting (we'd rather focus efforts on piper), but we have some users
> as well.

It would be good to have a release for 0.4 just to wrap up the work, and there might be developers
out there using 0.4. Is there anyone out there using the 0.4 branch?

> On the other hand, S4 piper may need a bit more work before an alpha
> release, though most of it would consist of merging S4-22 into the main
> branch, merging pending patches, and improving documentation.

There are 20 issues marked for 0.5. There are 3 blockers and not all issues are assigned.
It would be good to go over the issues and update them. I see that S4-22 for example is assigned
to Bruce, but Bruce has never commented on the issue, so I think we should assign it to either
your or Leo based on what I could see.

-Flavio

>> Just to be very clear, anyone can suggest a different fix version for an issue. I'm
just suggesting a simple set of steps to see if we can have at least some progress.

>> -Flavio
>>
>> On Jun 5, 2012, at 9:07 PM, Leo Neumeyer wrote:
>>
>>> The 0.4 release has been ready for a while, I think. Matthieu, what is
>>> the status? What do we need to do to put a tag on it?
>>>
>>> There has been significant progress with 0.5 and new people are
>>> getting involved so we should be close to an alpha release.
>>>
>>> -leo

>>> --
>>>
>>> Leo Neumeyer (@leoneu)
>>
>> flavio
>> junqueira
>> senior research scientist
>>
>> fpj@yahoo-inc.com
>> direct +34 93-183-8828
>>
>> avinguda diagonal 177, 8th floor, barcelona, 08018, es
>> phone (408) 349 3300    fax (408) 349 3301

flavio
junqueira
senior research scientist

fpj@yahoo-inc.com
direct +34 93-183-8828

phone (408) 349 3300    fax (408) 349 3301