incubator-s4-dev mailing list archives

From Matthieu Morel <mmo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Board report due tomorrow
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2012 14:21:23 GMT
On 6/7/12 4:11 PM, Flavio Junqueira wrote:

> On Jun 7, 2012, at 3:57 PM, Matthieu Morel wrote:
>
>> On 6/5/12 10:04 PM, Flavio Junqueira wrote:
>>> There are 7 issues marked for 0.4 and 20 marked for 20 for 0.5. None of the issues
in 0.4 is patch available. It would be good if the reporters of the issues could go back to
the corresponding issues and mark their fix version for a later release if they don't have
to be in 0.4. Otherwise, the release manager could suggest the ones we need to resolve before
having a release candidate. Do we have a volunteer to be the release manager?

>> I can help prepare a release. Question is: should it be pre-piper (0.4)
>> or piper (0.5)?
>>

> We need a release manager. Are you volunteering to be the manager of the upcoming release
whatever it is?

Yes, that's what I was proposing.

>> 0.4 is probably easier to release since all issues that you mention
>> already have a proposed solution. It is not the version we are currently
>> promoting (we'd rather focus efforts on piper), but we have some users
>> as well.
>
> It would be good to have a release for 0.4 just to wrap up the work, and there might
be developers out there using 0.4. Is there anyone out there using the 0.4 branch?

We have users for the 0.3 branch, and 0.4 is an upgrade to 0.3. So yes
it makes perfect sense to make such improvements available in a new release.

>> On the other hand, S4 piper may need a bit more work before an alpha
>> release, though most of it would consist of merging S4-22 into the main
>> branch, merging pending patches, and improving documentation.
>
> There are 20 issues marked for 0.5. There are 3 blockers and not all issues are assigned.
It would be good to go over the issues and update them. I see that S4-22 for example is assigned
to Bruce, but Bruce has never commented on the issue, so I think we should assign it to either
your or Leo based on what I could see.

Right, we'll have to handle all of these.

Note that S4-22 is a special case, because a lot of the work on that
ticket could not be easily separated into smaller issues.

Matthieu