incubator-s4-dev mailing list archives

From Leo Neumeyer <leoneume...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Discuss] Runtime Isolation for s4?
Date Tue, 29 May 2012 21:58:40 GMT
If the concern was not sharing the JVM, then using different
subclusters for different apps would solve the problem, I think.

-leo

On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 2:33 PM, Flavio Junqueira <fpj@yahoo-inc.com> wrote:
> Check the excerpt from Nan's message down the thread.The main concern seems to be the
consequences of sharing a jvm. It's unclear to me if load balancing alone would solve all
the issues he is bringing up, although resource utilization seems to be an important issue.
It called my attention the comment about an application killing another in the same jvm, which
I'm not sure we can prevent in a practical manner. I'm particularly concerned about having
to react aggressively and causing instabilities.

> Nan, Could you comment, please? if we provide dynamic load balancing as Leo suggests,
would it satisfy your use cases?

> -Flavio

pain.
resource in the same node.