incubator-s4-dev mailing list archives

From Flavio Junqueira <...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: [Discuss] Runtime Isolation for s4?
Date Tue, 29 May 2012 21:33:42 GMT
Check the excerpt from Nan's message down the thread.The main concern seems to be the consequences
of sharing a jvm. It's unclear to me if load balancing alone would solve all the issues he
is bringing up, although resource utilization seems to be an important issue. It called my
attention the comment about an application killing another in the same jvm, which I'm not
sure we can prevent in a practical manner. I'm particularly concerned about having to react
aggressively and causing instabilities.

Nan, Could you comment, please? if we provide dynamic load balancing as Leo suggests, would
it satisfy your use cases?

-Flavio

On May 29, 2012, at 11:12 PM, Leo Neumeyer wrote:

> [...]
for JVM resource.