incubator-s4-dev mailing list archives

From Leo Neumeyer <leoneume...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: S4 board report is due tomorrow!
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2012 17:50:13 GMT
Karthik: can you add a note about the work you did in the comm layer.

DRAFT EDITS:

S4 (Simple Scalable Streaming System) is a general-purpose, distributed,
scalable, partially fault-tolerant, pluggable platform that allows
programmers to easily develop applications for processing continuous,
unbounded streams of data.

S4 entered incubation on September 26th 2011.

* Infrastructure issues
- Migration to the experimental git program completed. No problems reported.

* Other issues before graduation
1. Still working towards an initial release on Apache with the current
code (version 0.4 = version
0.3 + checkpointing + bugfixes)

2. Complete the current work on the new version (S4-piper, 0.5), which
is a major
refactoring that simplifies concepts, API, and introduce new features
such as dynamic
deployment and reliable channels

Added an Embedded Domain Specific Language (EDSL) to create applications.

Designed and started implementation of command-line deployment tool to
make it easy to manage the cluster.

Design adaptor and inter-application communication.

3. Grow the community

* Project activity:

1. 45 Jira issues created to date

2. 8 issue reporters