incubator-s4-dev mailing list archives

From Flavio Junqueira <...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: S4 board report is due tomorrow!
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2012 17:33:40 GMT
Here is my draft report, please comment:

S4 (Simple Scalable Streaming System) is a general-purpose, distributed,
scalable, partially fault-tolerant, pluggable platform that allows
programmers to easily develop applications for processing continuous,
unbounded streams of data.

S4 entered incubation on September 26th 2011.

* Infrastructure issues
- we have been accepted to participate in the experimental git program. It has been working
fine for us to date.

* Other issues before graduation
1. Still working towards an initial release on Apache with the current code (version 0.4 =
version
0.3 + checkpointing + bugfixes)

2. Complete the current work on the new version (S4-piper, 0.5), which is a major
refactoring that simplifies concepts, API, and introduce new features such as dynamic
deployment and reliable channels

3. Grow the community

* Project activity:

1. 45 Jira issues created to date

2. 8 issue reporters

3. 5 contributors

4. Mailing lists: 55 on dev, 72 on user

On Mar 6, 2012, at 6:20 PM, Patrick Hunt wrote:

> I haven't seen any discussion on the S4 board report, which is due
> tomorrow. Can someone put something together and get it posted on the
> wiki ASAP?
>
> Patrick

flavio
junqueira

research scientist

fpj@yahoo-inc.com
direct +34 93-183-8828

phone (408) 349 3300    fax (408) 349 3301