incubator-s4-dev mailing list archives

From Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>
Subject Time for an official Apache release of S4?
Date Wed, 15 Feb 2012 19:36:02 GMT
Hi all, was wearing my mentor/champion hat today and thought I would check in.

I see that you've moved your repo to apache git successfully at this
point which is great! Seems like now would be a good time to create an
official Apache release of S4 and make it generally available.

incubator specific guidelines:
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html

Also see: http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html#what

The first release is generally the toughest as you'll have to ensure
you meet the full requirements of an Apache release (licensing and
such). But it's a good thing - show's progress towards graduation as a
TLP and puts something into the hands of users.

Regards,

Patrick

ps. you should update your web page to point to your Apache repo. Any
reason why not?
http://docs.s4.io/tutorials/getting_started.html