incubator-s4-dev mailing list archives

From Matthieu Morel <mmo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Time for an official Apache release of S4?
Date Mon, 20 Feb 2012 15:48:29 GMT
On 2/15/12 11:36 AM, Patrick Hunt wrote:
> Hi all, was wearing my mentor/champion hat today and thought I would check in.
>
> I see that you've moved your repo to apache git successfully at this
> point which is great! Seems like now would be a good time to create an
> official Apache release of S4 and make it generally available.
>
> incubator specific guidelines:
> http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html
>
> Also see: http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html#what
>
> The first release is generally the toughest as you'll have to ensure
> you meet the full requirements of an Apache release (licensing and
> such). But it's a good thing - show's progress towards graduation as a
> TLP and puts something into the hands of users.

Thanks for the notification.

We are actually on our way towards not only 1 but 2 releases: 0.4 that
features checkpointing and bugfixes, and 0.5 which has a new API and design.

There are still a few improvements to 0.4 to be worked on before
releasing it.

> ps. you should update your web page to point to your Apache repo. Any
> reason why not?
> http://docs.s4.io/tutorials/getting_started.html

This refers to the previous release (0.3). It wouldn't be possible to
checkout tag 0.3 from Apache's repo. But you are right to point this out
and I have updated the links to the repositories accordingly on the
website ("get involved", "code").

Matthieu