incubator-s4-dev mailing list archives

From Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>
Subject Re: review board
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2012 19:02:19 GMT
Here's the script I use for ZK git submission to apache rb:
https://github.com/phunt/apache-reviewboard-zk-git

you may need to tweak it a bit given your source is hosted in git but
I've found it significantly reduces review creation overhead.

Regards,

Patrick

On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 9:50 AM, Leo Neumeyer <leoneumeyer@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sounds good to set up the system and give it a try.
>
> -leo
>
> On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 9:47 AM, Harsh J <harsh@cloudera.com> wrote:
>> +1 on ReviewBoard. It is pretty simple (looks and use) and works great.
>>
>> My only gripe is that its email-link to JIRA is pretty bad, and too noisy. Phabricator
does a better job there.

>> On 05-Jan-2012, at 11:14 PM, Matthieu Morel wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I was wondering if someone had some suggestions about the review board we could
use for reviewing patches in S4?

>>> The idea is not to add burden on the development process, but rather to take
advantage of new eyes with constructive suggestions, so that we can improve and get a more
comprehensive understanding of the codebase.

>>> It can also be easier to review patches that way.
>>>
>>> Patrick already commented about that in S4-35 "What are your plans re review?
Free form or some suggested collaboration tool? There's http://reviews.apache.org however
some projects have switch to gerrit or phabricator (see HIVE-2486)".

>>> My take on that is that for the moment we should go for the Apache review board,
because it's already used in other Apache projects, has fairly good reviews, and is probably
much easier to set-up than other review boards. And it has some support for git.

>>> What do you think? If no one disagrees, I (or someone else) could try to set
up Apache's review board for S4.