incubator-s4-dev mailing list archives

From Leo Neumeyer <leoneume...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: review board
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2012 17:50:45 GMT
Sounds good to set up the system and give it a try.

-leo

On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 9:47 AM, Harsh J <harsh@cloudera.com> wrote:
> +1 on ReviewBoard. It is pretty simple (looks and use) and works great.
>
> My only gripe is that its email-link to JIRA is pretty bad, and too noisy. Phabricator
does a better job there.

> On 05-Jan-2012, at 11:14 PM, Matthieu Morel wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I was wondering if someone had some suggestions about the review board we could use
for reviewing patches in S4?

>> The idea is not to add burden on the development process, but rather to take advantage
of new eyes with constructive suggestions, so that we can improve and get a more comprehensive
understanding of the codebase.

>> It can also be easier to review patches that way.
>>
>> Patrick already commented about that in S4-35 "What are your plans re review? Free
form or some suggested collaboration tool? There's http://reviews.apache.org however some
projects have switch to gerrit or phabricator (see HIVE-2486)".

>> My take on that is that for the moment we should go for the Apache review board,
because it's already used in other Apache projects, has fairly good reviews, and is probably
much easier to set-up than other review boards. And it has some support for git.

--

Leo Neumeyer (@leoneu)