incubator-s4-dev mailing list archives

From Karthik Kambatla <kkamb...@cs.purdue.edu>
Subject S4-7 Status update
Date Tue, 03 Jan 2012 16:52:11 GMT
Hi there

S4-7 corresponds to making Netty robust. As we have discussed on the JIRA -
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/S4-7, I have implemented the proposed
approach - my github branch for the same -
https://github.com/kambatla/s4-piper/tree/s4-7

However, I am facing a couple of issues -

   1. On send(), netty throws a callback for channels that I have no clue
   about. I do some book-keeping for the channels I use, and the Channel that
   Netty throws at me, I don't have any records.
   2. I have written a bunch of tests - guaranteed message delivery,
   message ordering on both single and multiple partitions using zookeeper and
   they all run fine. However, my code fails the WordCountTestZk test, I so
   far have not been able to figure out why.

Please comment if you know what might be causing any of these two issues.
Also, in light of #2, I am considering re-engineering the solution. So,
please comment on better ways to go about the problem at hand.

Thanks
Karthik