incubator-s4-dev mailing list archives

From Karthik Kambatla <kkamb...@cs.purdue.edu>
Subject Default configuration parameters?
Date Sat, 07 Jan 2012 06:18:43 GMT
We have several configuration parameters in our code base, which we are
currently supplying through our modules. It would be nice if we set default
values for these parameters, so that the user need not go through every
gory detail before running their apps. How can we go about it?

1. Using Guice, set default values for these parameters in the code base
itself - don't know how to go about it yet.
2. I like the hadoop approach - where they have default-<>.xml and
site-<>.xml. Parameters specified in the site xml override those mentioned
in the default.

Should we take any of these routes, or should we just leave it for now? If
you guys think it is important enough, I can create a JIRA for the same.

Thanks
Karthik