incubator-s4-dev mailing list archives

From Matthieu Morel <mmo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: project organization (folders)
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2012 09:25:24 GMT
On 1/5/12 6:39 PM, Leo Neumeyer wrote:
> I'd rather leave "subprojects" to make it easy to understand where all
> the sources are, it's a nice hierarchical structure. Subprojects
> refers to Gradle subprojects. Otherwise you will have a bunch of dir
> names mixed in the top level dir and dont' know what is under each.
>
> To conserve the heirachichal structure, you could do:
>
> subprojects/examples/{counter, twitter}
>
> with a top level build script under examples.
>
> what do you think?

We'd still need, so that we have a clean organization, to distinguish
between platform code, examples and test apps:
subprojects/platform/{s4-core, s4-comm, s4-base}
subprojects/test-apps/{simple-deployable-app-1, simple-deployable-app-2,
etc..}
subprojects/examples/{counter, twitter, etc..}

Do you agree?

Matthieu