incubator-s4-dev mailing list archives

From Matthieu Morel <mmo...@apache.org>
Subject review board
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2012 17:44:42 GMT
Hi,

I was wondering if someone had some suggestions about the review board
we could use for reviewing patches in S4?

The idea is not to add burden on the development process, but rather to
take advantage of new eyes with constructive suggestions, so that we can
improve and get a more comprehensive understanding of the codebase.

It can also be easier to review patches that way.

Patrick already commented about that in S4-35 "What are your plans re
review? Free form or some suggested collaboration tool? There's
http://reviews.apache.org however some projects have switch to gerrit or
phabricator (see HIVE-2486)".

My take on that is that for the moment we should go for the Apache
review board, because it's already used in other Apache projects, has
fairly good reviews, and is probably much easier to set-up than other
review boards. And it has some support for git.

What do you think? If no one disagrees, I (or someone else) could try to
set up Apache's review board for S4.

Matthieu