incubator-s4-dev mailing list archives

From Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: review board
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2012 17:47:23 GMT
+1 on ReviewBoard. It is pretty simple (looks and use) and works great.

My only gripe is that its email-link to JIRA is pretty bad, and too noisy. Phabricator does
a better job there.

On 05-Jan-2012, at 11:14 PM, Matthieu Morel wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if someone had some suggestions about the review board we could use for
reviewing patches in S4?

> The idea is not to add burden on the development process, but rather to take advantage
of new eyes with constructive suggestions, so that we can improve and get a more comprehensive
understanding of the codebase.

> It can also be easier to review patches that way.
>
> Patrick already commented about that in S4-35 "What are your plans re review? Free form
or some suggested collaboration tool? There's http://reviews.apache.org however some projects
have switch to gerrit or phabricator (see HIVE-2486)".

> My take on that is that for the moment we should go for the Apache review board, because
it's already used in other Apache projects, has fairly good reviews, and is probably much
easier to set-up than other review boards. And it has some support for git.