incubator-s4-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe_schae...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Proposal to Add S4 to the Git Testing Program
Date Thu, 01 Dec 2011 18:48:15 GMT
The RFC asks you to name an individual who is willing
to assist with development of the git hooks (lang is
Python).  Please amend your proposal with that info.

Thanks!

>________________________________

before migrating the Git repository to SVN. As a result, we decided to proceed without preserving
history.

>* Git vs. SVN: We have had experience working with both SVN and Git and the consensus
is that we all prefer to continue working with Git. Switching to SVN is acceptable and we
knew this when we joined but it will take some time to change processes and we'd rather use
our time writing code if we have that option.

>* Standardization: We believe that Git will become a standard in most open source projects
and Apache is already testing the use of Git. As a result we think that a switch to Git in the future
is very likely. Would be better to avoid the Git -> SVN -> Git transitions.

>* No big deal: if for some reason, Apache decides not to support Git after the test is
complete, we will switch to SVN at that time. As part of an organization, we understand that
common solutions across projects are required.