incubator-s4-dev mailing list archives

From Leo Neumeyer <leoneume...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: S4 piper object creation design
Date Tue, 15 Nov 2011 15:58:26 GMT
Hi Aron,

Thanks for the feedback. We are definitely open to revisiting the design.
Extending Guice to the app graph is in the TODO list
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/S4-5 I agree with you that the mixed
model (Guice for the framework but not for the app) doesn't work well.
Ideally, we would like to use Guice for the app graph without requiring the
app developer to use Guice. We thought about creating an app builder layer
on top of Guice, perhaps by extending the Guice Module class. We are
definitely open to this and if you can experiment that would be really
great!

--

Leo Neumeyer (@leoneu)