incubator-s4-dev mailing list archives

From Karthik Kambatla <kkamb...@cs.purdue.edu>
Subject Decoupling partitions and nodes
Date Fri, 11 Nov 2011 05:11:16 GMT
Hi

In last Tuesday's meeting, we agreed on decoupling partitions and nodes.
How should we go about it?

   1. io.s4.comm.topology.ClusterNode currently has a field called
   partition - it should be changed to a set of partitions.
   2. Emitters need to maintain hashtables <partition, clusterNode>; send
   will pick the right node from this table.
   3. Listeners need to receive messages for each partition that they are
   hosting.

Comments?

Thanks
Karthik

PS: The NettyEmitter code that I am trying to fix depends on how we decide
to resolve this.