incubator-s4-dev mailing list archives

From Karthik Kambatla <kkamb...@cs.purdue.edu>
Subject Re: Handling connection failures in Netty
Date Fri, 11 Nov 2011 19:52:31 GMT
Yes, we have to retry connecting to the node but only a bounded number of
times, after which we give up. If someone decides to use TCP, it is for
guaranteed message delivery in which case the application needs to be
informed.

What we need to decide is whether to let the application handle an
exception or a return value?

Karthik