incubator-s4-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Git to SVN
Date Tue, 08 Nov 2011 05:26:59 GMT
> Since so many projects seem to be migrating from svn to git, is there any
> way we can continue using git for this project. (I mean use git only, not as
> a mirror).

While I can't comment on best practices for Git-to-SVN moving, I'd
just like to chime in to note that "so many projects" is not a good
description of the current state of Git support at the ASF. Currently
there is a single project using it in a limited manner as a test for
wider support. There is no proposed time table for if/when Git support
will be expanded so I would proceed as if it doesn't exist.

Paul Davis