incubator-s4-dev mailing list archives

From Bruce Robbins <bruce.robbins...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Git to SVN
Date Wed, 09 Nov 2011 07:48:45 GMT
I am the fellow trying to convert the S4 git repository to SVN with history
preserved. I gave the following a whirl:

http://code.google.com/p/support/wiki/ImportingFromGit
http://sandrotosi.blogspot.com/2010/02/migrate-git-repo-to-svn-one.html
http://blog.paulbetts.org/index.php/2007/12/02/moving-git-repositories-to-svntfs/

The first two basically had the same issue: it required me to manually
resolve all merges that had been performed in the history (and we have
many). The third one just produced a series of error messages.

I have not tried the perl script yet. I will contact Jukka Zittings.

However, I agree with Jeremy: it would be great if we didn't have to
preserve history from git to svn, and then sometime later from svn back to
git.

On Tue, Nov 8, 2011 at 6:08 AM, Jeremy Thomerson <jeremy@thomersonfamily.com