incubator-s4-dev mailing list archives

From "J.Mohamed Zahoor" <jmo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: s4-yarn
Date Fri, 11 Nov 2011 18:49:50 GMT

On 11-Nov-2011, at 11:50 PM, kishore g wrote:

> - There are some things yet to be resolved like if Application Master dies
> then all task launched by the ApplicationMaster dies, which is not
> desirable for s4 but might be fine for map reduce.

I think... if the AM dies or gets wedged..The ApplicationsManager in RM frees the container
of AM... re-negotiates another container to restart AM.

In case of S4-AM failure...It is possible to only restart the S4-AM... and connect the running
S4 instances back to the new ApplicationMaster...

The Yarn design doc for reference
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12486023/MapReduce_NextGen_Architecture.pdf
Especially the "YARN Availability" section.

./zahoor