incubator-s4-dev mailing list archives

From Matthieu Morel <mmo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Handling connection failures in Netty
Date Thu, 17 Nov 2011 18:48:12 GMT
On 11/17/11 7:41 AM, Karthik Kambatla wrote:
> Kishore and Matthieu,
>
> I have modified NettyEmitter to tolerate network glitches. Can (one of) you
> please take a quick look at it and see if any high-level changes need to be
> made.
>
> https://github.com/kambatla/s4-piper/tree/fix-netty
>
> Thanks
> Karthik

Hi Karthik,

I had a look and the wordcount test using the Zookeeper configuration is
failing. I suspect this is because you removed the updates to the
topology...

Also, you should clean up the lock file between tests, I have the
impression that it stays and doesn't allow to batch tests, as with
"gradle test". You can probably get some code from the s4-core tests
TestUtils class for that.

Last, do you have a test case for that functionality? (that would
provoke "network glitches")

Thanks!

Matthieu