incubator-s4-dev mailing list archives

From Matthieu Morel <matthieu.mo...@gmail.com>
Subject dynamic dispatch of events based on runtime type of events
Date Tue, 11 Oct 2011 10:30:34 GMT
Hi,

I added a mechanism for dynamically generating proxies that dispatch events
to the right processing method based on the runtime type of the event.

I reused some code from the previous version of S4, with the following
modifications:
- the OverloadDispatcherGenerator uses ASM instead of BCEL; this removes a
dependency by the way
- both input and output events can be dispatched

Consequences on the actual codebase:
- there is no more need to implement processInputEvent or processOutputEvent
method if they are not needed
- you may have several of them, overloaded with different Event types (as in
the previous version of S4)
- these methods must be public

Code is here:
https://github.com/matthieumorel/s4-piper/commit/fbd1d45cc46c99f1a25210dba6843e6130c1fddf

Leo, can you review that and merge it, so we can already use it? I did a
pull request, so that should be straightforward.

Matthieu