incubator-s4-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Leo Neumeyer <leoneume...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Meeting Minutes
Date Tue, 11 Oct 2011 22:44:10 GMT
I was thinking in a roadmap like this::

M1:
- Server starts with no apps.
- Apps are loaded during initialization, for example by searching an
app directory.
- Apps are initialized (no dependencies among apps).
- Apps are started.

M2:
- Add dependencies among apps using EventSource.

M3:
- Add runtime loading/unloading functionality


I think you can start without ZK. I know Kishore is thinking on how to
use use ZK but I'm not sure it is needed for now at least. Nodes are
symmetric and each node has identical information. All the wiring is
done within the node. I think that OSGI should be able to take care of
this pretty easily (once you know OSGI). JBOSS Modules should also be
enough but there is no documentation and may require more time than
using OSGI.

Hope you can help with this, if you prepare an initial design we can
iterate and give you feedback. I think you can implement a prototype
for M1. You would need to change Server so it loads apps dynamically.
I was able to run it with Modules that way.

-leo


On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 3:22 PM, Henry Saputra <henry.saputra@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Leo,
>
> Sorry I miss the Skype meeting. Still looking forward to help.
>
> I would like to work on the dynamic application loading.
>
> I am thinking about having consumer API to help registering an app as
> ZK client but not sure if this is the direction originally in
> pipeline.
> Anyone else like would like to work on this?
>
> - Henry
>
> On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 9:16 AM, Leo Neumeyer <lneumeyer@quantbench.com> wrote:
>> Skype Meeting Minutes
>> Time: 2011-10-11 8:00 am Pacific Time
>> Attendees: Bruce, Matthieu, Karthik, Leo
>>
>> * Karthik introduced himself, he is currently doing a PhD at Purdue and is interested
in contributing to the project. He has been working with Hadoop and interested in distributed
stream processing. He will start working on the comm layer, perhaps integrating ZK. Bruce
will help him get started.
>>
>> * Matthieu: implemented dynamic dispatching. We need to discuss the processInput()
and processOutput() approach to see what makes sense for the API. Leo will review and report
back and merge.
>>
>> * Leo added EventSource to support inter app communication and refactoring comm layer.
Also reorganized project into subprojects: s4-base, s4-core, s4-comm, s4-example.
>>
>> * Matthieu and Leo will prototype using Guice for building the app graph by subclassing
the Guice Configuration class and using a builder pattern to create the classes so the application
developer doesn't need to use Guice directly.
>>
>> * Bruce: will work on Netty initialization and error recovery.
>>
>> * People are planning to deploy v0.3 to production. We should try to accelerate s4-piper
so we can converge and use resources more efficiently.
>>
>> * Critical tasks still orphan: dynamic app loading, client adaptor.
>>
>> * Admin:
>>  * Need to figure out how to use the Apache tool.
>>  * Bruce: let us know if  you can do the repo migration this week.
>>  * Matthieu will send instructions on how to set up IRC on Adium so it is always
on.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>



-- 

-leo

Mime
View raw message